Thursday, January 28, 2016

Mr.Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore; Post-Reading

Books are very powerful things. They can be your best friend or they can destroy you. In this novel, however, the books have a way of speaking to all the members of the Unbroken Spine. They especially help Clay find how to combine two of his favorite things, books and technology, something people like Corvinia don’t believe go together.
In this book, the people belonging to the Unbroken Spine were busy searching and decripting codes and trying to live forever. What they didn’t realize was that they needed a new approach to things. They knew what books could do for them, they just weren’t getting the right kind of books. In a way, Clay was their savior book. Like the quote from the book says “All you need to do is find the right book at the right time”. They found Clay and his new methods and as soon as they did, their minds began to open a little bit. If Clay hadn’t linked computers to books, he would never had seen the Reading Room and would never have gave the people the new approach they needed. 
I have often had a rough day when all I wanted to do was to go inside on of my fairy tale books. I would find my book at just the right time and whatever happened disappeared. It saved me, and possibly others too, if the thing was severe. Sometimes you don’t even need to open the book. Even something related to that book will do. I have also had many times when I thought that I couldn’t make it to the book so I just thought what would my favorite character had done. The right book can make someone happy and the wrong book can drag someone down. 
I think what this quote is trying to tell us is that if we can remain positive and use our knowledge we can do great things. For a while there, Clay didn’t think that they could copy the sacred book that there was only one of but he found a book, or an article, and got help from Grumble. This is a perfect example of us being helped by just a book.

1 comment:

  1. Good response. I think Clay was a necessary book/find for the members of the Unbroken Spine. Jumping back to information on Clay in the last paragraph is a little out of order. Grade: 93%

    ReplyDelete